Nipper Rego Update 30/09/2021
All Nipper/Parent registrations will close at 8pm on Friday 8th October 2021.
Any persons currently in pending are required to finalise their registrations before this time. If you have a pending application or renewal, please make contact with our junior registrar as soon as possible – email@example.com – to investigate the cause (lack of payment or supporting documentation).
- The following Age Groups are already CLOSED to any new applications: U7, U8, U9.
- The following Age Group is nearing capacity and has minimal spaces available: U6.
We look forward to seeing you all on the beach as soon as we can!
Currently, we still do not have a date to commence our season, it is all dependent on the lifting of Public Health Orders which currently restrict community sport. We are hopeful of a November start date but cannot update members until Surf Life Saving NSW have been informed by the NSW Government. In the meantime, your committee are working behind the scenes to prepare for our upcoming season, including updating our qualifications, setting proficiency dates etc so that we are ready to go once the government give approval.
That being said, both council and volunteer patrols began at Redhead (and other beaches) last weekend, so by all means, take your Nippers to a beach within your LGA and practice those skills or familiarisation as a family.
We are expecting stock shortly of our only compulsory items, hi-vis pink singlets and coloured caps (red for Under 6s, green for Under 7s, club blue and gold for Under 8- Under 14).
In regard to other uniform items such as swimwear and clothing, our regular supplier is currently affected by the Queensland border restrictions as they live on one side and work on the other.
An email will be sent to all registered Nipper families within the next few days about interest in uniforms, sizing etc so we can attempt to source what is needed. If this email can please be returned by Monday 27th September 2021.
REDHEAD SLSC NIPPERS REGISTRATION – 2021/22 – Read Carefully
Registrations open Sunday August 1st for renewals only for returning members, existing members and siblings. (This includes families who have previously been registered but may not have registered last year due to COVID limitations).
Registrations will open on Monday August 16th for any new families. Any new memberships entered prior to this date will be automatically rejected.
In preparation for possible COVID restrictions and to ensure the best opportunity for active involvement, Nipper registrations will be limited in the 6 / 7 / 8 year age groups so we recommend registering as soon as you are able to do so. Please be prompt when supplying necessary documentation and payment as your child(ren) will not be included in the cap until their memberships are completed (ie no longer pending).
It is compulsory for one parent/guardian to register alongside their Nipper. Registration fees are as follows:
- U6 or U7 Nipper: $65
- U8 – U14 Nipper: $80 (+ $30 competition levy if they wish to compete in any Branch carnivals)
- Nipper Parent: $60
We accept Active Kids Vouchers but do not recommend using them for younger age groups as you effectively forfeit some of their value.
How to Renew
To ensure your renewal is completed within this period please:
- Log on to the SLS Portal https://portal.sls.com.au
- If 2020/21 was your first season you will need to create an account.
- Renew nippers AND parents and submit.
- The following page will provide a button to click to pay fees – it is vital that you pay fees to ensure your membership can be processed.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org – please provide a list of members renewed.
- This assists in matching nippers and parents to process memberships.
RENEWALS WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED WHEN COMPLETED
- Nipper AND parent renewed.
- Payment of fees for nipper AND parent.